I’m always on the lookout for new credit card offers that can help me more quickly accumulate points to fly for free. I can’t remember the last time I paid for an international flight, and I’d like to keep it that way. I keep a running tally of points that I have with each airline to know where I stand for upcoming trips. And given that I tend to fly to Asia so often, I especially try to keep my United points replenished. Sure, United is only a so-so airline, but given that UA is part of the Star Alliance that means I also get to fly on some great airlines like Thai Airways, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Singapore Airlines, and many others.
Well I came across this Chase credit card offer that I think I’ll be hitting up next. It’s for a Chase Ink Plus card where the first year $95 fee is waived and you get 50,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from opening the account. So after spending $5,000 I’d end up with a total of 55,000 points which is only 10,000 points shy of a free roundtrip ticket to Thailand, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia or several other countries that I like to visit. So basically to me those 55,000 points transfer into like $1300 of free travel!
This card is a business credit card, but in reality anyone can have a ‘business’ in the credit card world. So don’t worry if you don’t already run some full-time business yourself, although that would be perfectly fine as well. If you don’t already have a business in mind that you can claim, then just know that you can easily claim something as simple as selling things on eBay or etsy as a business. Seriously, something as simple as this will work.
And if you think you might have a hard time meeting the $5,000 spend requirements to get the bonus then you might try sending and receiving up to $1,000 per month on Amazon Payments. Maxing that out would leave you with only needing to actually spend $2,000 in the first three months which should be easy for most people, especially with Christmas coming up.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
- No $95 annual fee the first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Transfer points you’ve earned to participating frequent flyer programs like United Airlines at a 1:1 value
- Earn 5x points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services
- Earn 2x points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel