Because Shelley and I often stay for free at someone’s house, condo or apartment via a home exchange or at an inexpensive guesthouse when we travel, I usually don’t pay that much attention to credit card offers that offer bonus points for free stays at hotels. But I came across a few recent hotel-related credit card offers that are so good that I may take advantage of them. It’s nice to have a bunch of airline points saved up for free flights for future trips, so why not have some points saved up for free hotel stays for those times when a home exchange or an inexpensive guest house just isn’t available? Plus, I know that at least some of you out there already do play the points game with hotels.
With very little effort you could easily rack up enough points and certificates for several nights of free stays at these major hotel chains which have properties located all over the world.
THIS OFFER NO LONGER VALID
- $85 annual fee waived for first year
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points after
your first purchasespending $1,000 in first 3 months from account opening – enough points for up to 6 free nights
- If redeem for four nights in a row then get 5th night free
- Receive 1 free night stay e-certificate after account approval and each year upon account anniversary
- Redeem Marriott Rewards® points at Marriott properties, including Renaissance Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn, and Fairfield Inn & Suites
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now: Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card
- $75 annual fee
- 2 Free Nights at Hyatt properties worldwide after spending $1000 in first 3 months
- Receive 1 Free Night each year on your anniversary in any Category 1-4 property
- No foreign transaction fees and Smart Chip protection on international purchases
- Apply Now: Hyatt Credit Card